Summer is finally here and it’s time to ditch the heavy makeup and opt instead for a lighter, more natural look. As much as I love an opulent smoky eye and decadent red lip, it just doesn’t look right on sunny evenings. Here are some of the beauty products I’m planning to invest in this season:
1 Dior ‘Nail Glow’ – A slightly pink nail polish that enhances the natural colour of your nails to give them a light, healthy sheen.
2. St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Dry Oil – A moisturising non-greasy formula that gives a long lasting natural looking tan.
3. Laura Mercier Body Butter in Almond Coconut Milk – I always associate the smell of coconut with summer and this body butter is the ultimate in luxurious skincare.
4. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie En Rose – A lighter version of my favourite fragrance that comes in a bottle “inspired by the iridescent wings of a butterfly”. What’s not to love?
5. Nars Matte Multiple in Anguilla – A non-sparkly version of the cult cheek & lip stick in a selection of vibrant and sun-kissed shades.
6. Clarins Rouge Eclat in Juicy Clementine – The perfect lipstick for fair-skinned people like myself who want to embrace this summer’s trend for orange lips. Plus the name reminds me of my lovely daughter!
7. Mac Prep + Prime Highlighter – A pen-style highlighter that can be used over or under makeup to add radiance and a sheer wash of colour.
8. Ghd White Eclipse – I know it’s not great for my hair but I use my ghd hair straightener every day. This new version promises to style your hair in a single stroke while actually making it stronger.