December got off to a very good start for me as I padded downstairs this morning to grab my morning coffee and spotted the much coveted Liberty Beauty Advent calendar in our living room! Someone has obviously been reading my blog…
Even nicer in real life, this lovely advent calendar will definitely make it easier to get out of bed on grey and dreary mornings. Today’s drawer, decorated in pretty Liberty fabric, was hiding a Lavender and Wild Chamomile soap that smells absolutely divine.
I’ve resisted looking at the contents list that came with the calendar so that each day will be a surprise. And, as there aren’t any chocolates in there, just yummy beauty treats, the kids won’t be wrestling to get their hands on my Advent goodies! Plus it gives me a good excuse to blog every day when a new drawer is opened. So all in all a real winner. A huge thanks to my (not so secret) Santa.
And, of course, Happy December to you all!
Finally December is here and the countdown to Christmas has begun in earnest. I have vowed that this is the year I am going to be organised and on top of things – no more frantically running around crowded shops the day before school breaks up or sitting up until 2am wrapping Christmas presents on the 24th. I have one friend who had already finished her shopping (including all the stocking fillers) and wrapped it all by mid November! Well, that is never going to be me and in some ways I think it would take the fun out of the run-up to Christmas to be finished so early on (or maybe I’m just jealous that I will never attain that level of organisation) BUT I am working my way through the mammoth list of presents (every year we say we’re going to cut down on the number of gifts and then still end up thinking ‘oh well, just one more won’t hurt..’) and even plan to do some wrapping this week which is a definite first for me.
Here are some pictures and a brief round-up of the last week of November:
1. The boys are on their best behaviour at the moment, knowing that Santa is watching every move. Cameron was being extra helpful this week and even helped to brush his little sister’s teeth.
2. He also read a bedtime story to both his siblings. Believe me, bedtime is not usually this calm in our household!
3. On Tuesday I went to the Swedish shop in south west London with my mum and Clemmie to stock up on Christmas essentials like saffron, gingerbread dough (so much easier than making your own) and glogg.
4. Just like the September issues of the fashion glossies are a must-buy, I think interior magazines really come into their own in December with each sumptuous cover outdoing the next in terms of Christmas decadence. Living Etc is hands down my favourite any time of year.
5. With two older brothers, I thought Clemmie would turn into a little Tomboy but at the moment it is all about dolls, princesses and pink everything.
6. We had some friends over for dinner last night and couldn’t resist cracking open the champagne while we were waiting for them to arrive.
7. Their daughter is Clemmie’s best friend so she had been asking all day when they coming. I bought this dress for her this week from Zara – so cute, I wish it came in an adult version!
8. The first of December and the first of Advent today so we lit a candle in the Iittala candle holder. Let the Christmas countdown begin!
Have a wonderful evening. X