The lovely and hugely inspirational Donna over at Donzwebb (if you haven’t yet checked out her blog I urge you to do so now) nominated me for a Sunshine Award almost a week ago. As you can see in my little ‘About Me’ snippet in the sidebar one of my objectives for writing this blog is to hopefully brighten up my readers’ day, so I was over the moon to receive this award!
I’ve only been blogging for a few months but I really love it and am humbled and inspired every day by all the amazing bloggers out there.
Now it’s time to spread the sunshine!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Answer the 10 questions at the bottom and create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
10 Questions about me:
1. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve ever experienced and how did it change you?
My eldest son being diagnosed with juvenile arthritis at the age of two. Seeing him in horrible pain and unable to walk or even bring a spoon to his mouth was heartbreaking. Eight years on, he still has arthritis although it is managed with medication and there is a small chance he will grow out of it. Having a child with a chronic condition has taught me not to take anything for granted but I am also incredibly grateful for modern medicine and we take part in all the research projects run by the hospital to establish the cause of JIA (and hopefully one day find a cure). Thirty years ago my son would probably have been confined to a wheelchair but today the advances in treatments mean that he can run around, jump and play sports like his peers.
2. What’s the number one thing on your bucket list?
I would love to travel across America (East to West) with my family one day.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I trained as a journalist and while I still do freelance occasionally I was looking for another creative outlet for my writing. I started writing for a website called Mummy’s Own just over a year ago and then eventually plucked up the courage to start my own blog.
4. If you could witness any historical moment, which would you choose?
I’m re-reading The Great Gatsby at the moment and I would love to be transported back to the 1920s – such a glamorous and decadent time in history.
5. If you could meet one person in the world who would it be and why?
It’s not just one person but it would be really awesome to meet some of the friends I’ve made in the blogging world in real life one day, over a cup of coffee or glass of wine.
6. What sound do you absolutely love?
The sound of my three children laughing together while they are all absorbed in a game of make-believe.
7. Best book you’ve ever read?
I’m not sure it’s the best book I’ve ever read but the one which stands out is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I was obsessed with her as a teenager and used to carry her poetry books in my school bag. Pretentious moi?
8. If you won the lottery today, what is the first thing you would do?
Buy a bigger house so we wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of having an extension built next year.
9. Favorite vacation spot?
Do I have to pick just one? New York for a long weekend break, Majorca for a family holiday, Italy for the food and Sweden where I grew up for that ‘going home’ feeling.
10. What was the last movie you watched that made you cry?
Here are just some of the bloggers who always brighten up my day:
And here are my ten questions:
1. Who would play you if your life was made into a movie?
2. Where in the world would you most like to travel?
3. What is the best thing about blogging?
4. What is your secret indulgence?
5. If someone handed you £1000 tomorrow what would you spend it on?
6. What do you never leave home without?
7. What’s your favourite meal of the day?
8. What makes you laugh?
9. Who would be your ideal dinner party guests?
10. What was the last thing you Googled?