Stop press: I have decided to join the fabulous Fashion Huntress on the 30 Days No Shopping Challenge. A daunting prospect for someone like me who is prone to a few weekly purchases, but now seems like the ideal time to embark on a challenge like this:
- We’re in the middle of school holidays and the thought of going shopping with three kids in tow is quite frankly unappealing.
- I definitely don’t need any more summer clothes.
- I have already bought a few pieces for Autumn/Winter (remember those knits?) and the rest can wait until September/October when I have a better idea of what I need.
- Hopefully it will save me some money that I can put towards my A/W wardrobe!
So, if any of you want to join me on the challenge, the rules are pretty simple: No shopping, unless it is for essentials, for one month.
Things that qualify as essentials in my book:
- Basic toiletries such as shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant. Frivolous items like make-up, perfume and hairstyling products are not included (no matter how cute the packaging or how many enthusing reviews of said item by my favourite beauty bloggers)
- Things for the kids, such as school uniforms and other essentials (e.g new shoes, underwear etc). It does not include the sparkly pink magazines that Clemmie is seemingly addicted too (she is her mother’s girl that’s for sure!) or more Rainbow Loom bands for the boys.
- Our holiday will take place during these 30 days so obviously there will be extra spending such as entry to theme parks, ice creams, eating out etc which I will also include as essentials. I think it is OK to spend money on things that count as experiences but not on useless tat to bring home.
What do you think? Will I be able to stick to it? And, more importantly, will you join me?