I just realised today that November 12 marked the six month anniversary of A Spoonful of Style! My goodness, where has the time gone? I have enjoyed every minute of blogging so far, largely thanks to the amazing people that I have connected with – I know I’ve said it before but it really does feel like we’re part of a lovely little cyber community. I really do appreciate every single visit, like or comment that people take the time to make and I am constantly in awe of all the great blogs out there. It seems fitting to use this post to say thank you for the awards I have received in the past few weeks. I am truly grateful and humbled to be nominated by these inspiring bloggers and hope to get time in the new year to respond in full with my own nominations.
Here are seven facts about me:
1. I shop far too much online and have been known to hide packages from my husband.
2. I would love to be the type of mum who organises home made nutritious meals way in advance but usually I’m scrambling around the fridge and kitchen cupboards looking for something to cook at 5pm
3. I hate board games but when I do play I usually win (much to the annoyance of my kids)
4. I was a cheerleader in high school.
5. I’m quite claustrophobic and hate going on the Tube or in lifts
6. I love baking and am pretty good at it but I’m rubbish at cake decorating
7. It frustrates me that I have had a very nice camera for over a year now but still don’t know how to use it to its full extent.
The lovely Donna from Donz Webb nominated me for the Unique Leaves award and asked me this question: What makes you unique? Everyone is unique in their own way but if I had to pick one thing I would probably say my international background. I think (and hope!) that having lived in four different countries (and attended an international school), has made me more tolerant and accepting of other people and cultures.
Evelen Margaret, whose blog is an endless source of fashion inspiration, nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Here are my answers to the questions:
1.What’s your daily motivation?
I will let this image answer it for me:
2.Do you have a particular song that makes your day?
Hobart Paving by St Etienne
3.Name five items that you always carry with you.
My phone, purse, lipstick, keys, sunglasses/umbrella and wet wipes
4.What was your best movie you’ve seen recently?
5.Full breakfast or on the go?
I prefer a full breakfast with pancakes, bacon, eggs etc but I usually only manage that on the weekends. During the week it’s breakfast on the go.
6.What do you first notice on another person?
As the shallow fashion obsessed person I am, I usually notice what they’re wearing first!
7.Do you agree :”Less is more”?
Yes, except at Christmas!
8.You can’t live without …
My family.. and that first cup of coffee in the morning!
9.First Love is unforgetable but second Love is Lovelier .Do you agree ?
I met my husband when I was quite young, 18 years ago, so in many ways he is my first love.
10. Last but not least :Have you already bought your Xmas gifts or at least made a list?
I’m working on it this week! I have a list in my head – does that count?
Aspiring designer Kat who writes the blog My Journey on Becoming a Full Time Designer also nominated me for the Liebster Award and here are my answers to her questions:
1. Who are your three favourite comedians and why?
Cameron, Casper and Clementine – my three children who make me laugh on a daily basis
2. What made you decide to be Kat’s follower or a friend?
I admire her determination and creativity and wanted to follow her exciting journey.
3. What is your favourite book now and which one was it as a child?
I don’t have much time to read at the moment but it’s an ambition of mine to read more of the great classics in the future. As a child I loved the books by the late Swedish author Astrid Lindgren.
4. The shoes to wear in Prague are..? Heels or flats? Do you have any connections to anything Czech?
I have never been to Prague so I would have to say flats as they would be most comfortable for walking around the city and seeing as much as possible.
5. How about everyday challenge, as Kat writes right now, would you go for that and what would you write about?
I would love to exercise regularly but am very much a stop/starter. Maybe writing about it would encourage me to stick to an exercise regime for longer than a month or two. But I think I’m to lazy to get started!
6. Do you have any regrets in life?
No I don’t, although I do sometimes wonder how my life would have turned out if I hadn’t left Sweden as a child or if I had stayed and settled in the US, where I spent a year when I was 19.
7. What is your next project? And did you start already?
My next project will be to figure out what I want to do work-wise when Clemmie starts school next September.
And finally, the amazing Angela from Ruby Angel 711 – her blog is a daily source of fashion & beauty temptation for me! – nominated me for the Wonderful Team Membership Award.
Thank you so much to all of you! X