Festival season is upon us again and these days there is a festival to suit every taste, whether you’re a music lover, foodie, book buff, or budding thespian. Choosing what to wear to a festival can be tricky , especially if you’re camping for a night or two and need outfits that will see you through from day to night. It might be a bit of a cliche but personally I don’t think you can go wrong with a touch of boho. A pristine white shirt, high heeled shoes or anything skin tight will not only look wrong but is also not practical for a weekend of outdoor living. Here is my low-down on the essential festival pieces this season:
1.Hopefully the sun will be out but even if it’s not you’ll more than likely need a pair of shades to hide the dark circles under your eyes – festivals are not a time to catch up on the beauty sleep. Sunglasses from Stella McCartney at Shopbop.
2. Ditto a hat will not only protect against the rays but also save you from a bad hair day. Hat from Nelly
3 and 6 – Pretty patterned dresses add a hippie chick vibe and can be layered over leggings and a long-sleeved T-shirt when the temperature drops. Both of these dresses are from Asos – find them here and here.
4. This pretty top from Anthropologie is perfect teamed with a pair of boyfriend jeans or
5. these lace trimmed shorts from New Look.
7.Even if the weather is on your side, stilettos are not ideal for negotiating acres of fields or indeed making your way back to the tent after dark. These flat sandals from KG by Kurt Geiger, available from Asos, are a much better bet.
8. Keep the chill and rain out with this dip hem parka from Oasis.
9. Accessorise with a pretty friendship bracelet from Links of London.
10. Whether it’s raining or not, Hunter wellies are a festival classic. There is a huge selection of colours but this pair in Graphite will go with everything.