Why, oh why, do all beauty products run out at the same time and with a week to go until payday? Luckily I had some points saved up on my Boots advantage card so I was able to stock up and replenish my bathroom cabinet shelves without too much damage to the bank balance. There is always the temptation to buy cheaper substitutes to see you through until the end of the month but, while there are some great budget beauty buys out there, I’ve learned the hard way that it doesn’t pay to scrimp on the products you really love.
While my favourite hair and skin essentials do chop and change over time, these are some of my current go-to products that make me feel (and hopefully look) fabulous:
1.Kérastase Resistance Ciment Anti-usure conditioner. A nourishing treatment conditioner that’s perfect for dry, highlighted hair like mine.
2. Kérastase Specifique Bain Exfoliant Hydratant shampoo. I have a very dry scalp and my hairdresser recommended this shampoo which has really helped.
3. Super Facialist Neroli Firming Daily Brightening Cleanser by Una Brennan . This cleanser is great value and lives up to its name, making skin look brighter and refreshes.
4. Dr Jart+ Platinum BB Beauty Balm. I was very late to jump on the BB bandwagon but after trying this cream I am definitely a convert. With great coverage and texture, it is easy to apply, lasts all day and has a 30 SPF.
5. Paul Mitchell Forever Blonde Dramatic Repair. Again, this leave-in spray was recommended by my hairdresser and has quickly become a regular fixture in my haircare line-up.
6, 7 and 9. I swear by the day and night Hyaluron Filler creams by Eucerin, the products make a real difference to my skin and don’t break the bank. As an extra bonus, this time a small bottle of serum was included with the night cream.
8. No 7 Lift & Luminate Eye Cream. I only recently started using an eye cream so I can’t say that this one is a firm favourite yet but my initial impression is good. It has a light texture and sinks into the skin quickly.